The Westchester Magnets emphasize academic integrity. Students are expected to conduct themselves honorably in their studies by making reasonable efforts on every assignment and assessment. Violations of academic integrity include:
- Taking credit for work that is not one’s own.
- Allowing another student to copy or take credit for one’s own work
- Looking at another student’s test or testing materials
- Sending or receiving confidential testing information before, during, or after an assessment
- Plagiarizing (using the words or ideas of another student or author without permission and appropriate citation)
The following consequences will be implemented to address violations of academic integrity:
- The student’s parent(s)/guardian(s) will be contacted, and a mandatory conference will be held.
- The student will receive an automatic grade of 0% on the assessment or assignment in question. No make-up opportunities will be provided.
- The incident will be recorded on the student’s disciplinary record. If the incident is a part of a persistent pattern of unacceptable behavior, the student may be considered for other disciplinary interventions, up to and including an opportunity transfer.