Westchester Enriched Sciences Magnets  Logo
General Information Magnet Programs Special Education Program Offices Contact Us Links for Teachers WESM Accomplishments
12th Grade Information -Class of 2018 11th Grade Information (Class of 2019) 10th Grade Information (Class of 2020) 9th Grade Information (Class of 2021) Collaborative Decision-Making Leadership, Clubs & Organizations Policies and Procedures Resources for Parents Restorative Justice Fundraisers Page
Academic Recognition Night A - G Requirements Advanced Placement Departments Gifted & Talented Programs Resources for Students Resources for Teachers
Athletics Spirit Squad Fall Sports Winter Sports Spring Sports
Want to be a Partner? LMU Family of Schools Current Partners

Main Office

IMA Requests

Teachers, if you would like to request instructional materials for your class, for your department, or for your magnet, please submit this form to the administrator that supervises your Department.


Any use of facilities or access onto District owned property must be documented and authorized by an agreement, either a permit or a license agreement.  

The types of permits and licenses include (but are not limited to):  


Civic Center Permits

The major function of the Civic Center Permit Office is the issuance of permits to allow for the use of school facilities in conformance with the California Education Code mandate and the Board of Education rules, which require that each and every public school facility be made available as a civic center to members of the community and non-profit organizations for supervised recreational activities, meetings and public discussion, without disruption to regular school activities.

Authorized uses include:
  1. Supervised recreational activities
  2. Meetings and public discussions
  3. Girl/Boy Scout Troops
  4. Senior Citizen's Organizations
  5. Jazzercise, aerobics, jujitsu

The website for the Civic Center Permit office and link for an LAUSD Application for Use of District Facilities (under a civic center permit) can be found at the following link: http://www.btb.lausd.net/programs/index.php?p_btb=b1.



Filming Permits

Westchester Magnets has an authorized contractor/vendor for the processing of filming permits.

1201 W. 5th Street, Suite T-800
Los Angeles, CA 90017
Phone (213) 977-8600 / Fax (213) 977-8686
Website http://www.filmlainc.com



License Agreements 

For the uses and the organizations that do not fall under the Civic Center qualifications, a license for use of school district facilities may be issued through LAUSD.


Associated Student Body Activities

The Associated Student Body is an organization composed of all students currently enrolled and attending Westchester Enriched Sciences Magnets. This student organization has been given the responsibility by the Board of Education to govern and assist all campus clubs, athletic teams and other student organizations.


 The ASB sponsors over 100 activities (athletic contests, assemblies, dances, rallies, noon time activities, etc.), operates the Comet Shop (to raise funds for activities), a business office (to spend funds on activities), represents student interests on various faculty and administrative committees at the school and district levels, and conducts its business in the business office (Room A-9).


The ASB is self-sufficient — it does not receive district or tax-payer funds to operate. The ASB has an Activities Director (Ms. Vieanca Millet) and a Finance Manager (Ms. Gwendolyn Gibson) to assist your elected officers. The ASB Constitution gives your elected student officers the privilege to represent you and make decisions that affect all students on a daily basis.   


Issues with your telephone, printer, computer or internet connectivity?

Step 1: Open an ITD service ticket by calling 213) 241-5200 or by signing on to https://itdscweb.lausd.net/sc/ess.do. The online option is the fastest method.

Step 2: Log your technology issue in the RED binder in the main office. You will be contacted within 48 hours with a resolution.


To request technology equipment (printer ink, laptops, projectors, televisions, cables, etc), see Mr.Ghong or you may contact him at 310-338-2421.


See Dr. Phillips in the D8 regarding textbooks.


Students can:

- Have a textbook issued

- Return a textbook

- Pay for a lost/damaged/stolen book

- Request a list of issued textbooks

All students on campus will be issued a textbook for each of their classes and it is their responsibility to bring it to class everyday.

Offices Locker

PPT, Word, Excel Viewers [Go]
Acrobat Reader [Go]