The EDST - Educator Development and Support for Teachers
- All submissions are done electronically using the MyPGS: https://lausd.truenorthlogic.com . Use your SSO to log in.
- Submit an Initial Planning Sheet to your evaluating administrator by the end of September.
- Once your evaluating administrator receives your Initial Planning Sheet, he/she will schedule an Initial Planning Conference to take place during your conference period. During the meeting, you and your evaluating administrator will discuss your goals for the year. In particular, your administrator will ask you to tell him/her how he/she can best support your work. Don't forget that you don't have to accomplish your objectives on your own. It's your administrator's job to help you meet the criteria that you set.
- Your evaluating administrator will conduct a series of classroom observations (both formal and informal) throughout the course of the year. Please invite your administrator to visit your class when you expect to be at your best--really showing evidence that you're making progress toward meeting your goals. Your administrator will give you clear and constructive feedback on what he/she observes, and, of course, he/she will arrange for you to receive whatever support you need to be successful. Don't hesitate to stop by your administrator's office if you'd like additional feedback and/or support.
- Toward the end of the school year, your evaluating administrator will meet with you to finalize your evaluation. Don't worry; there shouldn't be any surprises at these conferences. You and your administrator should be in touch throughout the year, and your evaluation will reflect all of your hard work.